Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome to my writing blog

Hi, and welcome to my blog. If you're reading this, there probably isn't much else to see here yet, but I hope to fix that as time goes by.

Some of you may already know me, but for those who don't, here's a little introduction. My name is AJ, and I write. Ok, mostly, I sit with my word processor minimized while I goof off on the web, but every now and then I buckle down and actually put virtual words to virtual paper. This blog just gives me one more thing to do instead of writing.

I've been writing from an early age. I started with silly short stories, did a brief stint with fan fiction in my early teens, wrote a short (and embarassingly bad) novel in my mid-teens, dabbled in (also embarassingly bad) poetry at around that same time, and in my late teens I turned to using my writing to design worlds for tabletop roleplaying gaming and background stories for characters in said games. That kept my muse happy, until a few years back when I got inspired again and started writing another book. Several half-finished novels later, here I am in November 2008, posting to a blog and pretending to be an author.

My current project is called The Princess Dilemma and is an idea that I started developing back when I was eighteen. I had to mature a bit as a person and a writer before I could really find the right tone for it, as evidenced by the four or five failed starts that litter the hard drives of various computers. I feel like I'm finally in the right place to write this novel, and that when it's done, it will be the first major work that I attempt to publish.

So where does this blog come in? Well, aside from the afore-mentioned procrastination aid, I intend to use it to keep my friends, family, and possibly fans (dare I hope?) abreast on the progress of The Princess Dilemma as well as any other writing projects I might be working on. And because reading is an integral part of writing, I'll also be posting the occasional book review here.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you stick around! To sweeten the deal, I'll dig up some fiction to post on here to keep you entertained while we all wait for The Princess Dilemma to be finished.

No comments: